Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lemon Chicken

So, tonight my husband and I had company. My sister, her 3 children and my parents came over for dinner. My sister is a very picky eater so I had a difficult time choosing what to make for dinner, I finally decided on Lemon Chicken w/ White Rice, Green Beans, and Snap Peas. Luckily everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and no leftovers were in sight and my sister even wanted the recipe to make for her family!

Lemon Chicken
Ingredients
4 Chicken Breast, Split in half and pounded thin
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 lemon, juiced
1 to 1 1/2 cup water
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons evoo
Salt & Pepper
Parsley for garnish

Directions
In a large bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken in flour mixture and shake off extra. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of evoo in a large skillet. Once butter is melted add chicken to the pan. Brown chicken on both sides. Once chicken is browned on both sides, remove from pan and place on a separate dish. Add onions and garlic to the skillet. Saute till onions are transulcent. Add chicken bouillon cube. Let cube melt into onions and garlic. Once melted add water and the juice of one lemon. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add chicken back to the pan and let simmer for 15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Sprinkle more lemon juice on top if desiered and garnish with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment